Sunday, July 24, 2011

Downtown Library

It boggles my mind how many people in the valley have never been to the downtown library!!!  It is a beautiful building and even if you will never pick up a book in your life, it is worth a visit.  (I, of course, recommend checking out a book because it will guarantee a return trip.)  There are a few little shops to browse and then explore the building.  My children love the glass elevators, even if little Jensen has to hold my hand and grasp the rail with all his might.  When you are done inside, ride to the top and go outside.  The view is spectacular!  There are areas to eat lunch or dinner, so bring a snack and look around at the city.  When you are ready to go, don't go back inside, but go through the gate and take the stairs that curve back down to the courtyard. 

The courtyard is refreshing as well, with water features, statues, and lovely plants. 
Twice a year, in April and October, the library has a huge book sale on the bottom level.  You can get all kinds of great finds for bargain prices and you will be supporting the library at the same time.  So go and be dazzled!
The website:  http://www.slcpl.lib.ut.us/

1 comment:

  1. I am one of those that have never been in the library but... I have been to many events there. for example, a few weeks ago I went the SLC arts festival. I went later in the evening and so the library was already closed. :)

    ReplyDelete